So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Advertising, Marketing and Promo's, Oh my!

Ah, yes, Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore.
I have spent enough time marketing one thing or another this week, I think even the Cowardly Lion would be proud. If not, at least Glinda would understand. Afterall, she worked so hard to be ♫Pop-u lar ♫.

When not at the book fair helping all 535 kids fill their wishlists, I was using all the smoke and mirrors I could muster to promote both my etsy and handmade fusion shops. Between you and me, I think the wizard lived an existence as exhausting as a stay at home mom with a colicky baby.

It is no secret that my photography is lacking. However, it is nothing compared to my skills at photoshop. Amazingly, none of the above seems to deter my need to torture myself. Be assured, many a SD card was harmed in the making of my advertisements.

This is where I give the shout out to my great etsy friends. It is their humor, their commaraderie and their pity for me that melts the wicked witches in my life time and time again. This time I can hang my hat on the lovely, talented, effervescent and eyernally cheery Yobo! With the wave of her wand (more likely her mouse), she in no time had a batch of resized photos for me. As if that wasn't enough, the queen of the prickcushion herself, Miss Elli (abitabite) swept in and dazzled me with her wizardry. Before you knew it, not only did I have useable, attractive and enticing ads, they were animated!!
okay, not animated here, but it should be. I guess I need another couple mirrors.


So, you may see me around internet town, flashing on a blog or working the sideline of majaba. Let's hope many others do too. Maybe it will make me a little
♫ Pop U Lar ♫ too.

No comments: