So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF, I Think

So busy lately. I tried posting a few days ago and was so unhappy with my rambling that I just deleted the entire thing. Of course I had every intention of getting back here and then my life just kept happening. I am glad to see Friday arrive yet, I need to slow down time. With an Open House in two weeks, I need every second I can get. Unfortunately, those seconds also need to be chocked full of inspiration and that just doesn't seem to be happening lately.
I had hoped for some inspiration from a trip to the beads store and an afternoon with my goof friend Diane ( always a day of laughter and fun to get the juices flowing). Of course, I then realized it was the week of the Bead Show in Tucson and the shop would be bare. I am going to Tucson one year, I swear. It's on that list of business trips that includes Italy (HA!) I also have ideas that require supplies I am out of and don't want to use the time I have running for them, so I try to make other things. Truth is I need to make everything I can. I need to just bite the bullet and go. Get it over with and work in peace.
As if these obstacles are not enough, I seem to be compelled to register for more and more days of teaching. Great. We need the money. The DC trip will be here before we know it and teaching is a guaranteed paycheck. That doesn't negate the need for productive time jewelry-wise. Throw in IEP's, 504"s, committee meetings, Board meetings and a "to do" list the length of my arm and the pressure builds exponentially. Suffice it to say, this blog of ramblings just keeps getting knocked of the list. So, this post has done wonders for my stress level.

No comments: