So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Hussies are Coming, The Hussies are Coming!

I am beside myself with excitement. It seems they are too. What started out as a friend coming in town for a craft fair has blosomed into a full frontal Hussyfest.
Let me give you the 411.
Somewhere back in spring of '07, the forums were a dark and nasty place (somethings never change). There was bullying and snarkiness and trainwrecks by the dozens (see, I told you). The fallout was really starting to get to some. A quck-witted and saucy gal by the name of Karmarox decided to send a message. That message rang hard and fast to many and the "hussy" threads have been ringing the bell ever since.
Many a friendship has been born of the threads. Discussion of etsy, family, politics, food, drinks, sex and life's stresses has become a safe haven from the outside dangers of the forums and a common thread to all that stop in. There is even the occasional Cabana Boy sighting, hence the *tittering*
As time passed, Hussies traveled. Some more than others. Some to more exotic locations than others but it was always a topic of discussion which of course led to Hussy Hook-ups (out of the gutter now, I'm old. It doesn't mean THAT!) and eventually what could only be deemed as Hussyfest (04/08), that which legends are made of.
So, when Abitabite asked was there room at the inn, I jumped at the opportunity to help her out for Renegade and crossed my fingers she would be accepted. I mean, let's face it, you get to meet an Aussie with a southern drawl with a trunk full of prickcushions, you don't waste time thinking it over. The news leaked slowly and before you knew it, Hussyfest Part Deux: The Renegade Hussies formed.
In less than 10 days, my house, beds, floors, and couches will be maxed out. The liquor will flow, the laughing will be constant and friends will bond.

This is your National *titter* alert system, bringing you a severe *Titter* warning for the Chicagoland area for September 10th thorugh the 15th. Be prepared for numerous aftershocks, possibly strong, for weeks afterward.


If you have the gumption, you can experience a Hussy live and in person at the Renegade Fair or walking the streets of Chicago. Trust me, you'll know her when you see her and you'll never be the same.

*titter*

3 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

LOL ! I said I wouldn't blog either!




Thanks for posting on my Blog Blast thread!

Please stop by my blog and enter my "Win It Wednesday" giveaway. I will be featuring an item from a different shop each Wednesday thru Christmas!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Thanks!

I will follow your blog and hope you will follow mine :-)

Bathgasm said...

Hello there! :) You have a lovely blog and I am glad that I found you through Etsy. If you wouldn't mind following me, my blog is at http://bathgasm.blogspot.com . I have a pretty exciting giveaway going right now, too! :)

Thanks, Bathgasm

Unknown said...

Holy moly, sounds like a hoot! Have a great time. Be sure to blog about all the details!