So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I don't know, but I would assume that most of you would agree with me on this rant. Here goes.

When I buy something, i assume it will be worth it. imagine that! i go to a store, plop down perfectly good money and I want something in return that is not broken, defective or a total farce! Wow! It appears i ask more than the retail Gods allow these days.

I don't want to spend my entire weekend ina car and a store. i want to spend them improving my life. On occassion, that requires cars and stores. i can live with that.
Maybe i need to write to my Lowe's. Maybe invite them over to the house. let them get to know the hubby. Apparently, big business has absolutely no clue the years I have waited for a few simple home improvements. Spending my morning, traffic clogged all the way to their store, only to find every piece of wood shelving damaged was not helping my cause. Trying to shop with the well intentioned gift cards from hell, again, not helping my cause ( well maybe that feeling like it's not costing US anything was a little helpful).
So, on to the boxed items. Hmmmm, wonder what that lamp will look like all lit up? SOL-outlets don't work. Hmmm, that desk lamp might not give off enough light. Ohh, they have one on display, let's check it out! Nope, no bulb! Hmmmmm, that one's cute! Nope out of stock.

I think you get my drift.

Let's just say, we got a lamp. and........................it's been returned. After great care in choosing a sturdy, well constructed box with a hearty product, the object inside is still cracked. back to the store it goes, cause remember, that's how I like to spend my day, or at least Lowe's thinks so.

well, the shelves got up and the lamps got purchased. 5 stores, 9 hours and 2 returns later, and yess we were the proud owners of (sing it with me) 2 desk lamps, four veneered shelves................and a gift card that can't be redeemed. Not what I would consider a totally productive weekend, but better than nothing. Maybe next weekend we can tackle bookshelves.

No comments: