So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm a Survivor

Yes, I have survived this week. it jas been over 13 years since I worked ( at a paying job) a 5 day week. Don't get me wrong, as a stay at home mom, I put in way more than a 40 hour week on a regular basis, but this was a little different. That part time, spending $$, hey we CAN afford a little get away, snippet of a life of my own job I have was a full blown, full time, clock in, clock out, rearrange my life experience this week.

I can honestly say, it's not for me. I don;t miss that up at the crack of dawn, get ready and out the door in a flash, worry about how I look mindset. I don;t miss the what am I gonna take for lunch and how am I gonna have dinner ont he table by 6 state of frenzy. Now, before you take offense, I have the utmost respect for the working mom. I truly cannot wrap my head around how you do it. I have lived in a state of exhaustion since the birth of my thirteen year old. I whole=hertedly admit that if I was a wroking mom, I would be a zombie. Yes, they would own my brain.

So, in sub zero Chicago, it is Saturday morning of a 3 day weekend ( thank you MLK jr). I have done my errands and have no desire to leave my toasty abode for the next three days. A social extrovert by nature, I have resigned myself to laundry, cooking some good soul warming comfort foods and my jewelry bench. I have 2 weeks before i am scheduled to work again, and though the money is nice, I am perfectly fine with that.

2 comments:

Bijoutery said...

You know, I've kind of dreaded the same thing myself. I'm currently in grad school and will be done in a year, year and half at most, and once I'm done I figured I'd probably work for awhile before moving on to a phd. But I'm dreading going back to a regular full time job 24/7/365. I'd love to make just enough on etsy to work maybe pt only - maybe someday!

kjbeads said...

I did that between my masters and indergrad. Never got back into the student thing enough. Life got in the way. Never thought I would give up working/career, but my days are jammed full with much more gratifying experiences these days. I don;t know what I would give up to make room for a mundane, life sucking job.