So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Sew Happy

You may be family, you may be a close friend, you may be an acquaintance. Heck, you may be seven degrees of Kevin Bacon from me, but no matter what, chances are you know that I do NOT sew! It's so obvious and out there, complete strangers can probably guess it just by looking at me. I don't do it, I don't pretend to do it, I don't even like to think about sewing. For God's sake, I don;t even like saying the word. It's a mental block the size of the Chinese wall. It could cause an allergic reaction of utmost proportions. Now, I have tackled the ocassional repair or mending if it is a life or death matter, but you'd be hard pressed to catch me at it.

That being said, I have a great appreciation for those that do. The ones that do it well, are truly talented, IMO. Hell, most days I could be impressed with a nice button reattachment. I know several of these people, or goddesses as they may be considered when it comes to sewing. It's a good thing too because everyone can use a good seamstress now and again.

Soooo, what brings me to a subject of such distress? Especially with a happy title. A title that even states the activity that shall not be named? Well, It's this. Ohsewhannah happens to be a great SIL and a wonderful gal. If that's not enough, she sews. She likes to sew. She LOVES to sew, and I still like her. that should give you some idea of just how much I like her. I'm willing to be compadres with someone that sews FOR FUN! Okay, so maybe she's a little unstable mentally but she enjoys it. She actually finds comfort and joy in something that conjures images of the depths of hell for me.

Well, in awe of her talent, creativity and overall "niceness" I introduced her to etsy. Her shop is full of goodies and trinkets for just about everyone. I have fallen in love with these little coin purse/keychains.




I had to have one.


Worried that my hearts desire was already snatched up or spoken for, I had to hurry to stake my claim. Little did I know there were more yet to be unveiled.
I suggest you take a peak and rummage through her shop. You might just get a good portion of your holiday shopping done from the conveniece of that chair your sitting in.

No comments: