So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hot and Cold


I seem to be running that way this week. Good days, bad days, hot and cold flashes, sales and no sales, time to kill and crazy jam packed moments, then again, what else is new.


Well, this is new. SonniandBev are not to be missed. They have been in the jewelry making business for decades and I have had the pleasure of being their booth neighbor for about ten of them. Veterans of the Chicago area art and craft show circuit, they have sold their wares at the Merchadise Mart, Michigan Avenue and throughout the suburbs. I hear they will be traveling all the way to New York City this fall for the One of a Kind Show.

If you don't live near one of these areas, not to worry. They have made their on line selling debut this week on etsy. After much discussion (and prodding), they ahve tested the waters and are wading in more and more each day. We spent the day together recently in a cram session of etsy basics. Listing, descriptions, shop set up, etc. , not to mention lingo. Steampunk, upcycle, recycle, repurpose, destash and many other bits and goodies. Little do they know, it just scratch the surface of etsy's layers of fun and excitement. They'll be addicts like the rest of us in no time. Who knows, before long, even Bev will be a computer guru.


So check them out and even drop them a line. If you get a chance to see them in person, make a point of it. The truth is SonniandBev is just one of many layers of the onion that is, LeBouton. Vintage inspired pieces, antique buttons, brooches, buckles, watches, snaps, game pieces, even pool balls are known to have become phenomenal pieces of artistic jewelry in their hands and are a lovely complement to the unending array of Swarovski crystal pieces, as seen on etsy.


So, join me as I raise a toast; to Sonni and Bev, here's wishing you all the best on etsy and elsewhere




No comments: