So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Vacation from my Vacation

One week sure can make a difference. I put my shop on hold and took the family to Washington, DC for a week. No blog posts, no new listings, not checking in and boy, I seem to have just disappeared.
Truth be told, now is when I would like to disappear. I would like to run and hide from the pile of laundry that will make up my next few days. I would like to hide from the pile of work that has accumlated with looming deadlines. Most of all, I would like to hide from the reality of my age. The sore feet, the blisters, the shin splints and aching hips. You see, walking on a beautiful, sunny, crisp spring day surrounded by blooming Magnolias and towering remebrances is joyous but after 6 days of sleeping in the hotel double bed with a squirming 10 yr old, a tiny shower and miles and miles of blooming magnolias, I have begun to feel my age.
I feel the tight Achilles tendon up my right calf, the blister at the botom of my small toe on the left foot, the shooting pain in my hip, the headache of a 12 hour drive home and that big pain in my ass? Yep, huge bruise from sitting on the arm of the chair accidently. Damn! I knew that was gona smart when I did it.

All in all, it was worth it. We really do have a beautiful Capital! Monuments, memorials, traditions and history that can overwhelm at times. It was a fantastic trip, full of adventure and brimming with memories. I think I will spend the day in my comfy chair, editing photos and drinking decent coffee.
It's good to be home. Stay tuned

No comments: