So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Feeling a little Poetic

or maybe more limmerick (ish)

The Ode to Bitchwork

Here I sit on the etsy forum
Trying to maintain my decorum
Bitchwork calls from every room
I really should pick up a broom

Site help, business and etcetera
I stop to read of all the frettia
I hear of others getting the ban
And really should wash pots and pans

The laundry calls, the bills need paying
A maid would be nice, I’m jes sayin’
Thoughts of dinner and its not even lunch
Promos on etsy, I need a bunch

Closets need cleaning, the dog needs a bath
Only so many hours, you do the math
Scrubbing toilets, shampooing the rugs
Oh, look there’s a new thread in bugs

Vacuum the carpet, make the bed
But I’d much rather start a new forum thread
Spring is here, the windows need washin’
But there’s “Dildo in the road”, proceed with caution

The dust is so thick, you can write your name
Doing bitch work all day really is lame
The truth of the matter is it’ll never get done
As long as the dang computer is on

But if I don’t do it, no one will
Can’t someone on etsy, invent a pill?
Afterall, it’s no secret, I’m better at craftin’
Than I’ll ever be at pillow battin’

So this is my fate on a Friday morn
Bitchwork it is so I avoid scorn
Cooking, cleaning, laundry and more
But beware cause someday I will even the score

No comments: