So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer and Sore

What a weekendd! I never plant anything before Memorial Day. Many plant at Mother's Day, but being a lifelong Chicagoan, I am well aware of the late May frosts and cold soil. Outside of Pansies, which I love, I hold out for a touch of color until we are fairly sure the frosty nights are a thing of the past.
This does make visits to the garden center a bit more challenging. Things are more picked over, the stores are much more crowded and I get overwhelmed with getting everything in the ground or potted quickly. Usually I can spend a few weekdays shopping and browsing, thinking of color combos and what I want where. Not this year. Time is not my friend this year. Graduation and a few other obligations have put me on the fast track. Thus, I found myself at the garden center not once, not twice, but 3 times this weekend. Memorial Day Weekend. Busy as hell, everyone is shopping for plants weekend.
Oh, My, God!!!!!!!


Now I sit, enjoying the plantings, the water fountains, the perennial garden and the deck with a nice glass of red. and the rain. :(

No comments: