So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Monday, February 6, 2012

That Time Again

Seems I don't get 'round these parts much lately.  It's that crazy busy life of mine, I tell ya.  It seems it's always something.  How I'll fit a job in the mix (a real live, hand me a paycheck, good work, pat onthe back, bonafide job) is beyond me, but I'm gonna try.  All I need is someone willing to hand me that paycheck every so often.  Too bad those people are hard to find these days.  Don't they know I have a college bound meanager to support?  Believe you, me, he NEEDS to go away to college  for both our sakes.

On to the good stuff......

It's that time of year again.  People are asking more and more each day if I'll be hosting my "Home Show" again this year.  The answer is YES!  Hip, hip, hoorah!  It's always a fun time.  I love showing my appreciation to my loyal customers.  Sharing a glass of wine and getting to know them just makes my day.  No hustle and bustle of crowded hallways and gyms.  No pressure searching for the perfect Christmas gift for Aunt Sally or feeling guilty about a personal purchase the week before Christmas.  This one is all for the fun of it.
I'll be cooking up some yummy snacks, chilling a bottle of wine (ha!  make that a case) and cleaning the house top to bottom in preparation for the big shin-dig.  All you have to do is stop on by, visit a bit, shop a little and share a laugh or two.  I'll take care of the rest.

One of those things keeping me plenty busy this year is my youngest son.  Graduating grade school and heading off to the High School is a big deal.  I am busy helping plan all the graduation activities and setting the stage for his success at the high school.  There's the end of the year dance with all it's regalia, a keepsake DVD of the past 9 years for all the kids and other assorted celebrations.  Truth is, this all costs money, and so, a portion of proceeds from this year's sale will benefit the fundraising efforts of the 8th grade parents.
Erik will be heading off to join his brother and the music program at Niles West High School in the fall.  I couldn't be happier.  The music programs and Fine Arts overall are top notch.  In addition to the graduation fund, I will be once again supporting the Niles West Music Parents also.  They do great things for the programs, the kids and the staff, be it band, orchestra or choir.  Scholarships, music lessons, trips, etc. are those out of the classroom experiences that make a program stand out.  So again, a portion of proceeds from the sale will again benefit the NWMPA.  Be sure to mention either of these great causes at the show.

Now let's get to it!

When:  Saturday, February 25th
             11am - 7pm
for more info, please contact me through comments or via email
and to whet your apetite, a little taste of what will be available for sale can be seen here.

I look forward to a great event.

No comments: