So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Few Favorites

for a few of my favorites!
It's the time of year for yummies and these are some tried and true favorites fro over the years.

Bacon Wrapped Waterchestnuts

1 lb Bacon
2 cans whole waterchestnuts drained
1 cup catsup
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
wooden toothpics

Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap each chestnut in bacon piece and secure with toothpick. Place in flat pan and bake 30 minutes at 350○. Drain fat. ( can be refrigerated at this point and finished on day of use). Mix catsup, sugar and wrocestershire sauce. Pour over Bacon and let sit for 20 minutes. Bake 25 mins at 350○. Serve hot.

These are a sure hit so be sure to make more than you think you'll need!



Spinach Squares

4 Tbsp butter
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 (10oz) packages chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated (I use cojack or cheddar)
1/4 cup chopped onion

Preheat oven to 350○. Melt butter in 9x13 pan. Beat eggs and add flour, milk, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in spinachm cheese and onions. Spoon into buttered baking pan. Bake 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and cut into small squares.


For a great hot spinach side dish try this family favorite. Even those that don't like spinach like this one.

Spinach Souffle


2 cups cottage cheese
3 eggs, beaten
3 packages (10 oz each) frozen shinach, thawed and well drained
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
salt

Mix cottage cheese and eggs. Add remaining ingredients and pour into greased pan. Bake uncover at 350○ for 30-45 minutes.
( I save a small amount of cheddar to sprinkle on top)


and no Christmas is complete without the Rum Pudding with Raspberry Melba Sauce. I don't remember ever there being a Christmas Eve dinner without this dessert. For those that don't like eggnog, vanilla icec cream or a decadent cheesecake makes a great host to the thick and sweet raspberry sauce.
However, that one I will scan and add in. just click and enlarge.

No comments: