So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Sunday, December 7, 2008


show that tree a little love with one of these great felted ornaments by Ohsewhannah

The Holiday Season is irrevocably upon us. The tree has been going up for what seems an eternity. I have finally started shopping. I must admit, shopping in December is new to me. I am usually close to if not done shopping by now. The crowds make me crazy. I do enjoy the Christmas music, decorations and atmosphere though. I would always make at least one trip to the store at this time of year just to get that "silver bells" feeling. It is decidedly more enjoyable without the pressure of searching for the perfect gift.

Renegade was an funfilled experience yesterday also. Snow, blowing wind, no parking, huge crowds. Just what a good craft fair should be filled with. However, this is NOT and everday craft fair experience.
Mucca pazza
yet an experience to NOT be missed. What a fantastic treat!

But, I digress. I must get back to the mini lights and boxes of ornaments to be hung, along with stockings and holly and maybe a few cups of cheer. (OH crapstain, I think we drank all those last night). There is homework to finish, dinner to make, jewelry orders to complete and that Nekkid tree in my living room. Something just must be done about that Nekkid tree.
stay tuned for pictured of the transformation

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

My girls put the tree up, but I haven't finished anything else..
Somehow, I am all mixed up this year..