So, here I am.....

The girl that said she'd never blog. The far from computer savvy girl that is always up for a challenge despite a serious lack of time.My blog goals. Do I have blogging goals? Hmmm, I guess I should. So I pledge to be funny, lighthearted, not vent or complain to much and maybe just maybe share a crumb of wit and wisdom on occassion.I will most likely chat about etsy, my addiction and muse. the incredible artsists and friends I have found in a community that oozes with creativity, friendship, support and a home for all things handmade.You will hear me ramble about the insanity of my life including my 3 boys, ages 12, 16 and 53. Yes, that last one I am married to, but trust me, he is just as much boy as man. After 17 years of marriage I find myself raising him along with them. Then again, he would probably say the same of me at times. I will often speak of friends I would go to the ends of the earth for and a family that more often than not defines dysfunction. Then again, I strongly believe a functional family is the stuff legends are made of.I am a lover of music of all kinds and not so much the TV ( except maybe Glee). I have an addiction to handmade glass, especially venetian and lampwork beads as well as unique pottery. I have made a concerted effort to tame my jewelry fetish with my own creations which can be seen at http://www.kjbeads.etsy.com/If you haven't figured out by now, I can jabber my jaws and my fingers as if someone could care what I have to say.

Monday, December 15, 2008

No Time Today

As usual, I have quite a "to do" list. Blogging was definitely on that list but my day seems to be taking on a life of its own. Today is my cyber Monday, it seems. Orders I have been hoping for are finally coming in droves. Everytime I try to accomplish something, I hear that little email ding and there is another order.

I must say, I am just a little anal when it comes to orders. I have even been known to hit the post with orders more than once in the same day. I want to get them packed with care and off to the post office as fast as possible. The post office is conveniently located adjacent to the kid's school, so not a bother to go. I wish I could say as much for the lines and one of the desk clerks there. People may think of me as considerate to let them jump line on me but the truth of the matter is, I do anything to avoid him. I just don;t need another rude, obnoxious jerk yelling at me.
Today I am under the gun time wise. I have food to make for Mark's Christmas party at work in the morning. It's not like i can put it off til later in the week, but I also have orders that just MUST get mailed. Aterall, what if they are gifts. People need time to do with them what they must. I also have a mess of a house and laundry to do (like that ever changes, ha!)
So, I am off and running once again. If you see one of my boys in dirty jeans or fussing for a clean shirt, please comfort them and let them know the world will not come to an end if they wear a pair of pants more than once. Spin that "be green" theme on them and remind them I do love them more than life itself but I also have customers to tend to and they pay. (I will know you have run across them and done this when they try to pay me to cook them dinner)

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I always say I have 4 kids (counting my husband). I know exactly how you feel. Enjoy the holidays and your 3 boys!!!
-10oneworld